Feb 18, 2009

Stop Shopping, Start Snapping Photos


Photo by J.R. Vegan

I mentioned my "vegan ethics" to a carnivore friend the other day. He laughed ... a lot. Part of those ethics include a compulsion to consume less, waste less and just live as thrifty as possible, thereby reducing my negative impact on the environment. What's so funny about that?

J.R. Vegan

I know lots of people who shop when they are bored, but to me it's an empty activity. There's no creativity in shopping, and the high that comes from a shiny new object is short lived. Instead of copping out and dropping dough I get crafty.

J.R. Vegan.

Hitting the streets with my camera is one of my favorite activities. Everyday surroundings can be beautiful, interesting or mysterious. Just open your eyes. What do you see?

Photo and graffiti by J.R. Vegan.

1 comment:

Leslie Richman said...

I love your blog header. Cute!! A while back, I ordered some adorable custom barrettes from Devil & Mouse on Etsy. They are tiny little girl and boy skulls with carrot crossbones under them :)